Natural gas is a fossil fuel used as a source of energy for heating, cooking, and electricity generation. It is also used as fuel for vehicles and as a chemical feedstock in the manufacture of plastics and other commercially important organic chemicals. It is a non-renewable resource…
ADVANTAGES OF NATURAL GAS
- Reliability: Natural gas supply is generally more reliable than liquid fuel supply in trucks because it is a continuous flow stream through the pipeline. All a customer need do is to just open the valve.
- Abundance & Availability: Natural gas is not imported, but is in abundant supply in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region, where it is found in gas reservoirs or produced along with oil as associated gas.
- Easy to Control: With natural gas, you can easily monitor and control your fuel/feedstock expenses and costs, without the fear of short-supply or spillage.
- No Need For Storage: There’s also no need for huge capital investment on storage facilities because natural gas flows from the wellhead through pipelines and processing systems to locations where it is required.
- Handling: No physical handling is required.
- Flexibility: There are various types and sizes of burners and appliances available to suit different energy/utilization applications.
- More Environment-Friendly: Natural gas is more environment-friendly, as it has much lower sulphur content than liquid fuels. It also burns more efficiently.
Let’s go Green!